We publicised for Safari@PL today again!
I realised that attenaes (how to spell??) on your head can attract a lot of attention. Can be quite annoying especially when those juniors giggle! (no offense to you all, heh)
My eng teacher read my poem out to the whole class! So surprising.
Meran says it's bcos she likes rhymes. hahah!
Actually I couldnt have done it without God. Really!
Even my dad was praying for me when I was doing this. hahah. I also couldnt have done it without Kerriann! She gave me the first two lines! :D Thank you!!
Sounds like emmy awards, doesnt it? haha!
Here it is:
Soup Of The Day
Lazing by the cool lake I was,
When a squirrel popped by on the grass.
He hopped onto a tree branch next to my head,
Cleared his throat and wisely said,
"Have a good chuckle at this you may,
But I believe soup can depict a day."
Amused, I laughed.
How could this squirrel be so daft?"
A pot of liquid he set on the dirt.
"Try it," he squeaked. "It won't hurt."
For humour’s sake, I sampled some.
"Why, it's just water," I remarked, feeling dumb.
The squirrel nodded, "Yes indeed,
"Unless we add flavour, it’s no good feed."
I watched with added interest as he added a bit of chicken,
A little carrot, a kernel of corn, and one slice of bacon.
"Try it again," the squirrel suggested, spoon in his hand.
"Well, it tastes better, but it's still quite bland."
The squirrel gave a knowing smile, and added more to the mixture.
Will it turn out good? I wasn't sure.
"It is done! Come, have a taste!" He offered.
I sipped from the spoon, and oh, how my cooking differed!
The squirrel grinned. "It tastes good, there's no doubt!
Now as I speak, hear me out.
"The water is like the time in a day. Left alone, it is tasteless,
While time not taken in hand can be considered useless.
Using sparing portions is like using only a little of your time,
Your day might be slightly better, but still unfulfilled, you'll find.
Now if you make full use of time, a day is certainly like
A delectable bowl of soup, much to our delight."
As I drank up the last bit (yes, I drank the whole pot),
I turned to thank the squirrel, but there he was not.
I sat up in my bed and saw the sun rise,
Remembering the squirrel, I soon realised,
Every day is just like a pot of soup, and the chefs are we;
The fulfilment of a day is all up to me.
jump!
2005/09/20 8:18 PM