Youth CHALLENGE!!
I like this day a lot. Haha.
Today i naturally woke up very early, like 7.30am i think.
My cell went to Billy Bombers in pon mall aka century square. (this is wat i told beanbag. inside joke!)
This billy bombers place doesnt really look oldie, but the songs they keep playing in there are very oldie. I didnt like them but in the end i got used to them. haha.
YAY! I bought green earstuds today! haha.
anyway, back to story. Many of us ate Betty's roast chicken. Not really filling.. Fries were very little..that's what i thought at first..but actually they're super thick and makes u full of potatoes very fast.
We wore yellow and orange. so fun!
I got to eat 2 chocolate ice-creams b'cos cheney had to rush for ushering. haha.
During the service, i liked it when the worship leaders and the choir jumped at the fast songs. I mean, if they want us to be lively, the leaders need to start it right.
Pastor Rony's speech was interesting.
I liked the story about Jimmy Elliot and his 4 friends.
They and their familes actually went to this jungle place where the natives are those blood-thirsty types, and they can just kill anyone who goes to them. They went there as missionaries.
So first they went on a plane or helicopter and kept on sending food down to the natives, to show that they come in peace. They prayed and gave food for months.
Then, they decided to go down and tell them the gospel. but once those 5 men got out of the plane, they got shot by the natives. I mean, those barbarians didnt know what that strange thing we call a plane was. Before those men could breathe a word about Jesus, they slumped to the ground, dead. So all the mens' families went back home. You may think this is the end of the story. haha, but with God, there is always hope!jimmy's wife and 6 yr old daughter remained in the jungle. Guess what she did.
She risked her life and went to the natives. They readily accepted her. Later, she told all of them the gospel, and all of them believed in Jesus.
Actually, there is another part to this story.
Right after the men died, the sky opened up, and angels flew down, taking the mens' souls to heaven. The natives were terrified and ran away. They knew that these men were no ordinary men, but those were "good God men". So when jimmy's wife, elizabeth went to them, they accepted her because she was their second chance to hear what they had to share with them.
Wow! great story right. haha.
Pastor also talked about consecrating our lives to God.
Those 5 men willingly gave their lives for the sake of saving the barbarians' souls. At least we know they hadn't died for nothing. It's like when Jonah went to the city of Nineveh (which also has barbarians), and converted everybody. As long as God is in control, nothing will go wrong!
After the service, we took a cell photo. Then the WATP went to the basement and took spastic pictures!!
Tomoro gonna take piano exam..
Sometimes when i tell ppl that I play the piano, they get very shocked. They think that I only know how to play the guitar! hahah. But I learnt the piano since 4. I learnt the guitar in P6.
Pray for me, everyone!! haha.
jump!
2005/07/17 8:10 PM