I like this song!
This is actually from Tiffy's CD, haha, and I've borrowed this CD (along with another one) many many times already. But it's only this week that I liked this song. The day I listened to this song was on one of the worst days of my life. That was GB Day.
Can you believe it, I forgot my tie!!!
You all can imagine the scolding I got and everything. I almost took the bus home to change, but in the end, my father came and brought me my tie. Everything was in perfect timing, i tell you. When i walked out to the bus stop, I was sitting there praying. Then I decided to go to the canteen to call my dad. (Before that I already called my mother b'cos i couldnt reach my dad, and she said she would tell my dad to bring the tie for me, if he would actually agree to it.) And on the way there, I met cheryl sim. I decided to "try my luck" and ask if she had a hp. SHE DID!! yeah, amazing. So I borrowed it. so when I called, my mother picked up the phone again, and she told me that my dad was already ON THE WAY to school with my tie! So I walked to the front gate, and once I reached there, my dad drove in!
It's fantastic. God showed me His mercy today.
I got into trouble 3 times lah..1st was the tie, 2nd was laughing during roll call and 3rd was forgetting that there was piano lesson on that day.
When I went home, i was afraid that my parents would scold me for forgetting to wear my GB tie. But my dad didnt scold me at all! He said that he knew that once I get distracted, I would forget. Then he advised me to put every part of my GB uniform together so that next time I wouldn't miss out anything. Especially when he's overseas and can't possibly bring me anything. I realised my dad just wanted the best for me. He wasnt even angry for the trouble I gave him. He had driven me to school, and then had to grab my tie and drive back again. Isnt that nice?
So when I heard this song, it really spoke to me, cos of the "sin" part. Haha. It was a pretty 'sinful' day to me. And a very troubling one.
OK lah, shant talk anymore, just show you the song.
Artist Lyrics: FFH
Song Lyrics: Watching Over Me
Where could I run, where could I hide
Where could I go where You are not
Where could I be where You don't see
All of these demons chasing me
What kind of sin could I find myself in
Where You wouldn't stop
The world from spinning 'round and 'round
When it seems like I am upside down
But in Your comfort I have found
A safe place to fall
And I'll be alright
Safe inside
Stayin' alive
As long as You are watching over me
Where could I go where I don't know
All of the comfort You bestow
Where could I fall, where could I land
Where I'm not resting in Your hand
How could I stray too far away
Where You won't leave the ninety-nine
To come and bring me back
And put me on Your shoulders and
Carry me around Your neck
Until it's safe to walk
And I will be fine
'Cause You are by my side
And I'll be okay
'Cause You're with me every day
This one thing is sure
I could never, ever ask for more
And I’ll be alright
Safe inside
Stayin’ alive
----------------------
To think that Jesus would actually bother to run after the one stray sheep that left the 99 other sheep. I remember last time I told Tiffy, "I want to see Jesus loving us just as if we are only one person." Well, today as I look at this, it's true! haha.
Christians in this world are swimming against the current. Our relationship with God contrasts with what the world wants and demands from us. No wonder it's so tiring to live a Christian life. Jesus, help me.
Haha Tiffy, now it's my turn to copy and paste something from your blog!
28"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. 29Walk with me and work with me--watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. 30Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly." [[matthew 11:28-30]]
I wont give up following Jesus!
jump!
2005/07/14 9:43 PM