thoughts about this sunday!
after reading Tiffy's post, and reading my own post again, i realised i wasnt putting my heart into the post. So i've deleted the previous post about "super sunday" and now i'm writing a new one!! woohoo!! =D
today really learnt a lot man.
When progressing, we must expect failures in the midst of successes.
I feel comforted bcos I was very afraid when it comes to trying to change and do the right thing (like studying), becos i thought i must straightaway make a 180 degree turn and change immediately, become pure and holy right away. YEah, no wonder i was so afraid. Now I know God doesnt expect that much from me. He knows our limits! =)
the service today was super duper stupendous!!!!! haha. *jumps gayly!*
I was really filled today by God, renewed for life again.
I feel that I can really smile now, cos of the joy i've received. haha, i mean, last time i felt that i dont really have joy in my heart. now, i'm okay pokay! hahaha.
during the altar call, can sort of see God and the Holy Spirit welcoming me home. It's great to be back with God again. it's something very different..something i've been yearning for this year.
faaaantastic! xD
I bet all of us were crying as we knelt in front of the altar.
My nose was running with mucus n i had to wipe it and wipe it and wipe it and wipe it and..you know. i even used my shirt to wipe it. Then it finally stopped! hahaha. (eee, i know)
I prayed to God to fill me, and i committed my life to Him. And i think this was sincere.
We sang the song, Burn It Deep, a song we havent been singing since last december's speedlight camp!
Now, truthfully, I dono what's it gonna be like next week with our usual speaker again. I mean, all of us dont pay attention to his sermons!
Today's sermon was great, I was listening to it intently. hahaha.
It's about shadrach, meshach, and abednego.
Among the whole nation of babylon, among all the christians, those 3 men were the only ones who stood up for God! They were the only ones who loved God truly, they were the only ones who were on fire for God. I wonder, who among us can be like them?
I mean, they were given the chance to "change for the better" and worship the golden idol. But they stood their ground, and they said, "Our God is powerful enough to save us from the burning furnace!" the most amazing thing about them is they even said, "And even if God doesnt save us, we still refuse to bow down to it. Because we serve the true and living God, and Him only we shall serve!!!" hahah, i added a few things la. But that's their heart.
The devil must have been tempting them at that time, screaming into their minds that they were mad to let themselves get burned alive. But they fought it, they stood up for Jesus. Isnt that amazing?
I doubt myself if i am in this position man.
I learnt that being on fire for God is something that we must work hard for. Praying, spending time with God, focusing on Him. I guess it's like a plant, if we only take care of it and nurture it, it will grow, but if we leave it alone, it will wither away.
Praise God! I know my life will never be the same.
I realised that i've been really slack and inattentive in class..i'm gonna change for the glory of Christ. amen! =D
this is the song that's playing on my blog. I love it! haha
Invade My Soul
Searching for truth
to hold onto
Your looking for a reason
So much confusion, the world is crying out
It's time for me to speak aloud
I will never silent, can never tamed
I will always speak Your name
Chorus:
You invade my soul
Lord take control
I'm coming back, coming back to(2x)
Throw away your sadness and let it go
Let the oil of gladness take control
Give Him your burdens, cast your cares
He died for you, He'll always be there
Chorus
You, your always there
I remember you, you remember me
I live in You
Holy are you, worthy are you
Your worthy of the praise I bring to You
I lift my voice to worship You
Then you come, then you come
I live in You
jump!
2005/05/29 10:24 PM